The Volkswagen Up will be ready for their new home in UK in spring 2012. The base price for this German hatchback sets at £7,995. Das Auto hopes the Up will be able to compete on the compact city car segment because the hatchback offers engine range which we think is pretty competitive. The engine for VW Up is in the form of 1.0L that able to provide 60 and 75 horsepower. If you want to save the mother nature, Volkswagen offers the Up in BlueMotion Technology version.
There are three models for Volkswagen Up and two special editions. The three models for the hatchback are the Take Up, Move Up, and High Up; as for the special editions are in the form of Up Black and Up White. For the first batch, the Up hatchback will be in three-door version because the five-door version has scheduled for sale on the second half of the 2012.
The Take Up is set as the base model for the Volkswagen Up and carries standard features such as front and side/head/thorax airbags, body-colored bumpers, 14-inch steel wheels, daytime running lights, and brand new RCD 215 CD radio with aux-in.
Choosing the Move Up model, Das Auto filled this hatchback with features namely the easy-entry seats, variable-height load floor, electric front windows, remote central locking, a height-adjustable driver’s seat, air conditioning, and 60:40 split/fold rear seats. With price tag at £8,970; this Up carries additional features in the form of body-colored door mirrors and handles.
On the performance part, the Move Up equips with BlueMotion Technology. The technology offers the hatchback with start-stop system which able to give fuel efficiency up to 6%, braking energy recover, and low rolling resistance tires. This technology can be yours if you willingly pay for £360.
The other model for Volkswagen Up will be the High Up that will cost you around £10,390. Yup… its more expensive hatchback compare to other models, but with that price, you will be able to enjoy features like the electrically heated and adjustable door mirrors, heated front seats, hear lever and handbrake grip, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, a choice of dashboard color and the Maps and more personal information device. Its easy to spot this hatchback, just look for those 15-inch alloy rims and fog lights.
We still have two more special editions of the Up – the Up Black and Up White that offered in £11,180 for each hatchback. Judge from the name, the Up Black dresses in deep black pearl, while the Up White covers in pure white metallic paint. Both hatchbacks have 16-inch alloy rimes, chrome door mirror caps and door side strips, and body-colored center sections. Step inside, you will find special stripes upholstery, carpet mats, and body-colored dashboard.
Check these optional extras for the Volkswagen Up that are available in 8 packages:
- Sensor pack (£350): parking sensors, cruise control, multifunction computer
- Driver’s assistance pack (£400): City Emergency Braking, ESP, passenger airbag deactivation switch
- Comfort pack (£350): remote central locking, electric front windows, height adjustable driver’s seat
- Winter pack (£350): front fog lights, heated front seats, electrically heated and adjustable door mirrors
- Chrome pack (£250): chrome door mirror caps and side strips
- Sports pack (£450): 16-inch alloy wheels, sports suspension and tinted glass from the B-pillar backwards
- Sound pack (£100): four additional speakers (two front, two rear)
- Leather-look pack (£650): leather-look seats, leather-covered steering wheel, gear lever and handbrake, plus carpet mats